Rules of the Road
As your health care provider, Medical Center Clinic (MCC) feels strongly that effective and timely two-way communication is critical to quality health care.
MyMCCHealth provides access to personal clinical information which includes but is not limited to your personal care team members, previous and future appointment information, medication lists, plan of care activity, past problem and procedure lists, and historical vital signs.
By using MyMCCHealth, you will also gain access to an additional resource for communications with your health care provider. Use of MyMCCHealth does not limit your options to contact your provider's office by phone or other means.
- To review your results and communicate their meaning in a clear and timely manner.
- To use MyMCCHealth only for its intended purpose.
- To understand that time delays may occur between when your personal portal displays critical information and when your physician or physician's staff has an opportunity to communicate that information to you. Please allow your physician's office 3 business days from the date information or results are received to contact you for discussion of this information.
- To not use MyMCCHealth for urgent or emergency situations. In the event of an emergency, you should call emergency medical services or 911, or go directly to the emergency room.
- To understand that it may take up to 3 business days to receive a response to an email message sent through your personal portal. If you do NOT receive a response within 3 business days, you should contact your physician's office by phone during normal business hours.
- The medical record has established ranges of expected test results programmed into its logic based on nationally approved, evidence-based research. Any results published outside of the programmed ranges may be described in your portal with terminology such as "ABNORMAL" or may appear in BOLD RED TEXT. These notations should not be taken as literal interpretations of your health. These alerts are simply the way items outside of the nationally based norms are brought to your physician's attention. Your physician will determine the meaning of these results for you individually and will decide if further testing or evaluation is required. You should wait for communication from your physician for any test result interpretation.
- MyMCCHealth should not be used for urgent or emergency situations. In the event of an emergency, you should call emergency medical services or 911, or go directly to the emergency room.
- Please allow your health care provider the appropriate time to review your results and communicate with you. These communications may take place via phone call, letter, through MyMCCHealth or during your next scheduled appointment.
- The results of most labs, basic imaging studies and diagnostic tests are received within days of the test; however, results can potentially take much longer. This timing is necessary for adequate processing of certain test results. Please be aware that it can be weeks before some test results are received. This is typically based on individual test requirements and should be communicated to you by your physician's office. Not all results from tests performed on a single date are received at the same time. Please be assured we are committed to get your results as quickly as possible.
MyMCCHealth security has been enhanced and will prompt you annually, at a minimum, to reset your password. Your password must consist of one letter, one number, and one special character. Remote requests for password resets will be authenticated utilizing the security question initially chosen. If you forget your username or security question, a new one must be requested in person at Medical Center Clinic. Such a request will require that the patient provide valid identification.
You must agree to this disclaimer before use of MyMCCHealth. Please read the terms of the Agreement as described below very carefully:
By signing this Legal Agreement ("Agreement") I agree to the following rules for utilizing MyMCCHealth from Medical Center Clinic ("MCC"). MyMCCHealth is used to view patient health information and to view and/or send messages to and from his/her health care providers.
- I understand that MyMCCHealth is NOT to be used for urgent or emergency situations. In the event of an emergency, I will call emergency medical services or 911, or go directly to the emergency room.
- I understand that it may take 3 business days, considering office vacations and holidays, to receive a response to an email request. If I do NOT receive a response within 3 business days, I should contact my MCC physician's office.
- I agree to not access or attempt to access any personal information on MyMCCHealth other than my own unless authorized to do so in accordance with State and Federal Privacy Laws.
- I understand that if I forget my username or security question, a new one must be requested in person at MCC by providing valid identification. Furthermore, I understand I must immediately notify MCC if at any time I believe my password or other security information has been obtained by or is being used by an unauthorized person without my consent.
- I understand that MyMCCHealth can be utilized for asking questions that do not require a lot of discussion. Appropriate uses of MyMCCHealth messaging include prescription refill requests, referrals, and appointment scheduling requests.
- I agree to provide a correct email address for secure communication through MyMCCHealth and agree to immediately update any changes to my email address as they occur.
- I agree to avoid using MyMCCHealth to communicate sensitive medical information, such as information regarding sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS/HIV, mental or developmental disability, or substance abuse.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to keep my username, password, and security question private. Likewise, it is my responsibility to control who is allowed to view my personal medical information on the MyMCCHealth screen.
- I understand that I should remember to log out and close my browser when I am finished accessing password protected MyMCCHealth services. This prevents someone else from accessing my personal information if I leave, share, or use a public computer (i.e., library, kiosk, or internet cafe).
- I understand that if I access MyMCCHealth from my work computer, my employer has a legal right to monitor keystrokes and Internet usage and may see my messages.
- I understand that the communications through MyMCCHealth will be a part of my medical record.
- I understand that the terms and conditions of this disclaimer and user Agreement may change periodically. Such modifications will take effect immediately upon posting to the MyMCCHealth web site. I understand that I should review the Agreement routinely for changes and modifications.
- I hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MCC and its agents, employees, successors and assigns from and against any and all actions, claims, suits, demands, damages, judgments, losses and any other costs, liabilities and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and collections costs arising from any act, error, or omission of MCC and the provision of or failure to provide any of the services within the scope of MyMCCHealth duties as outlined in this Agreement, including but not limited to, advisory and consulting services.
- I understand MyMCCHealth services may be unavailable for scheduled maintenance and/or unforeseen circumstances such as loss of power or natural disaster.
- I understand that access to MyMCCHealth will be monitored through a logon audit.
I agree with the above stated expectations and am ready to proceed with use of MyMCCHealth.
I am not ready to proceed with use of MyMCCHealth at this time.